I’ve never been one to have a sweet-tooth. In fact I could go without candy and dessert without ever needing a ‘fix’ – bottom line I have no need for candy or sweets of any kind. However, other circumstances have made me Love candy in ways you couldn’t imagine… Wait maybe you can imagine.
I have compiled the top 5 reasons why I love candy…can you relate?
1. Potty-Training – I used the candy tactic on my toddler when she was potty training. One jelly bean for each time she went to the bathroom. It worked wonders! She was fully potty trained before 2.5 years old.
2. Eat your food and you get dessert – my little one is not necessarily a ‘picky’ eater. She pretty much eats everything, including fruits and veggies, but she can be an “annoying” eater, as in she plays with her food and takes forever to finish. That’s when I bring out the candy or dessert tactic… “You can have dessert when you finish all of your food”
3. Clean-up time bribing – Getting your child to clean up after themselves can be challenging at times…But not when you bring out the candy tactic. “I’ll give you a lollipop after you pick up all of your toys” – works like a charm.
4. Behave in public – She’s normally a really well behaved kid so I don’t use this very often, but when she decides she wants to act out – I definitely gotta pull out the candy card.
5. Bedtime – This one is very rare but has worked. “Close your eyes and go sleepy time, when you wake up I’ll take you to get some frozen yogurt. I did it last night…she woke up asking for her frozen yogurt. Lol
These tactics have worked out great! Probably because she has a sweet tooth lol. I do not give her candy every time I use the tactic though… It’s just a way to get her to do something and then I entertain her until she forgets about it. As parents we gotta figure out what works best for each of us because if we don’t find alternatives that work we can easily go crazy. Lol
I hope you find my candy tactics helpful. what do you do to get your child to perform a task? Share your tactics. I may need to switch up mine here and there.” 🙂